Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Won't Take My Soul (Week 3)

 


What a week. Da GAWD ain't gonna front, this week showed that they're just giving coaching jobs to any fuckin body with a pulse and hat. So many games decided by Monday night and it was straight up scary hours. Start em sit ems won't make sense as long as coaches don't utilize players properly while also allowing washed up QBs continue to playing. Can't make sense of this football no more, but I ain't gonna let it take my soul. Let's get into it. 

Cal Naughton Jr. 113.70 vs Ricky Bobby 21 197. 50

Your time at the top was short lived Trav. There were a lot of bench points left on the table but there's nothing you could've done to prevent this defeat except not make a deal with the devil himself. Da GAWD used his awesome powers to take a look at the meeting you had with Quis at the Applebees in Linden. Below is what I saw. (Ain't nothin wrong wit silver!)


Quis, congratulations on highest point total of the week and vaulting yourself into first. I'm getting real tired of writing about your wins. The first two weeks were just fine but this shit is fucking disgusting. The atoms in my fingers can't muster the grace to stay calm and admit that you're playing well. Instead I just blame everyone else. I blame the coaches, the fantasy gms in this league. You've even managed to deliver Mike Williams to fantasy relevance - a feat DA GAWD struggled with for years. Congrats on your win. I swear to me you better not win this league again or we're getting a new commish. 


Delta Variant 159.60 vs Team DQ 160.60

Da GAWD is feeling your pain this week. You got every start em sit em right, delivered a respectable score with 5 minutes left in Monday night and STILL got robbed of a victory. The fantasy season just ain't being kind to you. No way would you start Henry Ruggs over Joe Mixon, but somehow that's exactly what would've got you the win. This loss ain't on you playa. Quis used the dark arts to bring DQ back to life. Here's to hoping you find your first win soon. 


I hope you're happy. A garbage time TD allowed you to squeak by a winless team. I don't know how long you can keep this charade up, but a win is a win. At some point, your early season winning team will turn on its head and I'll be there to ridicule every step of the way. Siriani will one day realize he can't just run the ball 3 FUCKING TIMES ALL GAME and Hurts production will falter. I don't want to say good win, just congratulations on not losing. 


 Gordon's First Win This Season 121.70 vs This Team Iz He Who Remains 141.40

With such a bad week for so many gms, I think you might have it the worst (and I lost by less than a point). Boyd did you miss on out starting D'Andre Swift. The way your bench is balling, I'm about to start looking for props on the players you have on your bench and take the overs. To make things worse, you're winless and you just lost to Gordon. I'm not saying its time to panic, but you might start throwing some trades out there so you don't have to deal with some of these start em sit ems. 


How's it feel to be in the land of the winning? Thanks to some great efforts from your kicker and defense, you put together a respectable total and worked your way into winning. Just think, right now when Quis tries to diss you, you can wax-off that shit and point to Adam or Ian. You're team may not be good and your football knowledge is questionable, but at the very least you're not last. Congratulations on a solid win. 


The Neon Icon 102.65 vs Becton Egg and Cheese 110.85

This game was much closer than the final score really shows. Monday Night had you on the edge of your seat while you watched Zach Ertz get multiple targets and catches while you were left wondering if the Eagles were being paid by Draftkings (or maybe that was me). Maybe things get better when Elijah Mitchel and Josh Jacobs come back. At least you got your 2 wins ahead of time to buffer yourself for their return. I think you redeem yourself with a playoff berth this year so don't let this speedbump derail you. 


Eddie, Jalen Raegor really bailed you out of this one. In a week where you could've used Hunt over Slayton, you were able to prevail. Your team is still pretty trash thanks to that early pick on Kyle Pitts, but you got 2 wins already. I'd say you were lucky to play Gordon week 4, but anything could happen. Congrats on your win. 


You Done Messed Up A-Aron 151.05 vs Josh Almighty 158.80

I'm feelin' your pain this week too Shorty. After years of making fun of the way you lose, I think I finally gained the empathy of how bad this feels. You had Juan dead in the water for a while til Kittle started cookin on Sunday night. On top of that, you also succumbed to the non-sense that was Monday night. It don't make sense how shit like this happens and I ain't got the answers Sway. Watching your fav team lose AND your fantasy team lose is rough. Keep your head up. 


At least someone was able to benefit from Josh Allen's dominant day. Was it Diggs? No, it was every other receiver not named Diggs. Your team has been running on fumes these last few weeks with injuries and covid but you survived it all. I don't want to say you on your santaria shit again, but this win had to feel good. Congrats on being 2-1 busting up the Quis and crew party at the top. 


Run CMC 112.80 vs DA GAWD 111.85

This matchup really had the makings of my usual plagues but here we are with you winning by less than a point. I don't know if you saw the trend from last week, but Juan lost his receiver in the 1st quarter and so did you. To make it even easier for me, you lost CMC on Thursday and had inactive from Henderson. This week was mine to win and MIRACULOUSLY, the Eagles decide to stop running the ball after 3 tries while Sanders averaged 10+ yds a carry. The fantasy world don't get more stressful than this. Congrats on your win while I wallow in misery. Just let me know when Cooks is on the block. 


DA GAWD don't have the answers on this. Multiple leagues were lost by less than 5 points while DA GAWD's very own team looked like they were run by a HS coach. The level of frustration is building and when I unleash the fury that is my team, there will be hell to pay. Until then, I'm gonna go eat ice cream. 


#Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment